SUMMARY OF PURPOSE
Tour Guides present historical and equine information to tourists to better the visitor’s experience. Tour Guides are Independent 1099 Contractors and will sign a contract.
- Tour Guides/Carriage Drivers must be familiar with basic horsemanship and must be comfortable around horses, to perform under the Statement of Work
- Tour Guides/Carriage Drivers will undergo a 25-hour evaluation before they can drive on their own.
- Learns the historical information associated with the City of Fredericksburg and develops and facilitates carriage tours.
- Performs general horsemanship duties such as grooming, walking, and harnessing of horses, to ready their leased equipment and horse for their duties.
- Cleans tack and equipment used on horses and for horse tasks.
- Presents information to the public including, but not limited to, facts about the horses, carriage operations, and the History of Fredericksburg.
- Ensures the safety of visitors and staff through appropriate knowledge and action.
- Performs other duties as required to carry out all equine programming.
Must be 18 years of age. Must be able to understand and implement all information as supplied through the CONA and equine program instructional manuals. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds. Required to learn ALL TOURS and present ALL narrated tours. Weekday, weekend, evening and holiday availability also required. Must be able to obtain a tour guide within 30 days of being offered the position.