Marriage, Carriage and More was established in 2011. We purchased our daughter company and expanded the business to include Wedding Services. Our goal is add elegance to your wedding by providing our carriages for your special event.
Why hire us? Well, riding in a carriage is a very calming and peaceful experience. We can't tell you how many brides have told us at the end of their romantic ride, "This is exactly what I needed after a long and stressful day!" Every bride wants everything to be perfect! Even a wonderful day like your wedding day can stress you a bit. The ride provides a few moments to reflect on all the excitement of the day and what a romantic way to end the day!
"We would like to thank you for the services you provided for our wedding. Our guests really enjoyed seeing us leave in the carriage. The carriage, the horse and decorations were so beautiful. Bryce and I really enjoyed the carriage ride as a nice finishing touch for the perfect day. Thank you so much!" - Samantha and Bryce Young, 2012
“In this day and age, it’s hard to find a company you can trust. MCM, LLC was recommended to me by a friend, and now I know why – the quality of service I received was outstanding. Keep up the good work!” - Mary Cerini, 2011
Olde Towne Carriages has been successfully providing wedding carriage services for over eight years and have added elegance to that special day for hundreds of brides. We are available to provide a touch of elegance to your special day in and outside the City of Fredericksburg. Your wedding is the most important highlight of your life and care should be taken to make it that once in a lifetime event for you.
We currently have two wedding carriages available, our white with wine accents and white with royal blue accents carriages, you can’t go wrong with either as they are both beautiful. You have the choice of a white, brown or black horse, all experienced and sweet.
The carriage makes an elegant backdrop for your wedding photos; there is nothing more glamorous than a beautiful bride in a beautiful white carriage. You don't have to be royalty to feel like it!
All carriages will be decorated in the bride’s colors.
Baraat White Horse Procession
The Baraat is a bridegroom's wedding procession in India and Pakistan. It is customary for the bridegroom to travel to the wedding venue (often the bride’s house) on a mare, accompanied by his family members.
The baraat can become a large procession, with its own band, drummer and dancers. The groom and his horse are covered in finery and do not usually take part in the dancing and singing; that is left to the "baraatis" or people accompanying the procession. The term baraati is also more generically used to describe any invitee from the groom's side.
The baraat, is accompanied by the rhythm of the dhol. The groom is sometimes greeted with garlands and aarti.
The link to Platinum Guide is https://olde-towne-carriages.maharaniweddings.com/
Officiant / Marriage Commissioner
Day of Wedding Coordinator
We Add Elegance to your special day
Reasons for incorporating a carriage into your wedding!
- Surprise! When the bride or groom decides to incorporate a carriage into the wedding but keeps it a surprise for their future spouse. It's amazing to watch their faces light up when they walk out and see a beautiful horse and carriage waiting patiently ready to escort them into their happily ever after.
- Leaving in a carriage as a sendoff after a reception is a romantic way to end a very busy day. After the reception, the bride and groom can ride away together into the sunset or evening full of stars. Take a relaxing ride enjoying those special moments together before returning to the hotel or to attend an after party to party the night away. This is the most popular idea.
- Use it as an attention getter. Every time, we travel down the street with a couple that's just been hitched. They get tons of well-wishes, waves and smiles from the people that we pass by. This goes for strangers too. Seeing the carriage and the happy couple just puts everyone into a better mood.
- Use it as a photo opportunity. It's unique. It's original and you'll probably not get a better time to snap a few photos. A lot of times people only think about the travel that they need and forget about the photographer. Why not incorporate a time to take some pictures in the carriage before your ride? Make the memory really last a lifetime with beautiful photos.
- A lot of people like to share the experience of the carriage ride with their guests after the wedding by offering rides at the reception. It gives guests an added activity to enjoy and is great fun.
- Keeping the cost down on your wedding? If you're cutting costs like having the wedding at home or at a park, you can really dress up the event by incorporating a carriage. Imagine being escorted around your own property just like kings and queens are. It's an inexpensive way to add to your event.
- This one is special. If you have the carriage as part of your wedding, have it again on your first anniversary. Make it a tradition. Pack a picnic and enjoy the ride. You can even be picked up at a fancy restaurant. It's one year that you've been married, celebrate and recreate the day a little by enjoying a buggy ride once more.
Request a Quote
Come Stay With Us
Come stay with us at Olde Towne Carriage House, a unique and quaint two bedroom guesthouse in the Historic Downtown Fredericksburg area. We are located between the Fredericksburg Visitor Center and the Fredericksburg Battlefield Park.